To sign up for the 2013 races click this
- These 5K races are every other Wednesday starting May 23, June 6, June 20, July 11, July 25, August 8, August 22. Please note we are skipping Wednesday July 4th
- Registration starts at 6:30 pm at the Oriental Pavilion. (This is near where the ice-skating rink used to be) The race will start about 7:15. Prospect Park closed to cars at 7:00 but we want to make sure the road is clear.
- Race starts after the Parks Dept closes the roadway of cars; $5: cash.
- We will give out awards following the each race at the Oriental Pavilion. Results for all races are here
- The B/Q and Franklin Ave Shuttle is really close. Get off at Prospect Park and walk into the Park at Lincoln Rd. There is not parking anywhere near where you want to park.
- A detailed map of the Park and its relationship to the subway can be found here
- We race rain or shine. Thunder and Lightning not so much. The decision to cancel will be made from the park at the start of the race. We don’t cancel the race because of a forecast.
- This event has been going on since before people had digital watches, but we have a big digital clock now. This year we will be using B-Tag timing, using the MyLaps BibTag system. Timing mats will only be at the finish line, so don’t be late.
- You don’t have to be fast, but these races will help you find out how fast you can be.
- You don’t have to run to have fun. Volunteers needed Membership@pptc.org.
- PPTC members who are in Coach Tony’s speed training group race for free.Advance Registration is available for the entire race series for only $25. You can go here to pay for the rest of the races or just show up with $5. If you pay for the entire series you will receive a bib with a timing chip that will work all summer. The bib will be assigned to one runner for the entire summer and is not transferable, so please bring it to each race. So you are saving $5 by signing up for all the races but you have to keep your bib. The bibs have timing chips in them and cost us money. OK.
- We have a place to stash your bag.
Tell your friends, but tell them not to tell their friends. We don’t want this too get to big.