Founded over 40 years ago, the Prospect Park Track Club (PPTC) is Brooklyn’s largest and most active running club, with a membership that extends well beyond the neighborhoods surrounding Prospect Park.
Benefits for Members
We have a lot to offer runners of every age and ability, including monthly meetings (often with guest speakers), group runs, coached speed workouts, strength training, a great club picnic and relay in the summer, and an awards party in the winter.
- Harry's Handicap: ring in the new year on January 1st! It is a 3.35-mile race with a staggered start, making it incredibly competitive.
- Cherry Tree 10 Miler and 3-Person Relay: a race for the hardcore in February. It's often so cold, the water cups freeze!
- Al Goldstein Summer Speed Series: a set of seven 5K races every other Wednesday evening.
- 5 Mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Morning. Not only is this a great way to start your holiday, we also earmark half of all profits to give out as grants for organizations that support running and fitness in Brooklyn.
If you’re a marathoner, PPTC provides great support before and after your race, including:
- Group training runs through the summer and fall as you build your mileage
- An organized running tour of the “last 10 miles” of the NYC Marathon course
- A bus to the NYC Marathon start from Brooklyn and, after your triumphant race
- An indoor meeting area and party near the finish line at Central Park.
Membership term starts immediately for new members. Renewals start on the day your old membership expires. Login to this page on NYCRUNS to see your membership status. Individual membership costs $25 for one year or $125 for six years (get one year free!).
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.