November 23, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
Prospect Park, Brooklyn
One of Brooklyn’s most popular races, this spectacular 5-miler is the perfect way to kick off your holiday season! The early start time guarantees you’ll make it home for turkey.
Walkers are welcome, but due to liability reasons we cannot allow strollers or pets.
New for 2017: We will be offering Charity Bibs as part of the PPTC Grants Program for the first time ever, see details below!
If you are a PPTC member and would like to volunteer for the race, please look for the info in our Google Group.
REGISTRATION & PRICING
2017 registration is now closed.
Please note that we do not keep a waiting list, we do not allow bib transfers, and we do not offer refunds.
Again this year we will offer early-bird pricing:
- $25 early-turkey pricing September 4 through September 18 CLOSED
- $35 September 19 – October 16 CLOSED
- $40 October 17 until the race sells out or online registration closes SOLD OUT
New for 2017: Charity Bibs We anticipate this race selling out in mid-October, but for the first time ever we will be also offering 100 additional entries to the race at $100 each. These extra 100 bibs will go on sale November 12th, 2017, and every penny received from the sale of these bibs will go to CHiPS, a wonderful local community organization which provides food and shelter to those in need. SOLD OUT
If you’re fast enough to place in the top three, you’ll also receive one of our famous holiday pies!
You can leave a bag, but please pack light owing to security precautions. PPTC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
We strongly recommend you use mass transit. The Q train and the B12, B16, B41, and B43 buses work well. (Google Maps can give you precise directions.)
Like last year, we will be selling old race swag after the PPTC Turkey Trot for $5/item. Please bring cash.
Yes! You may pick up a packet for your friend or family member. All you need is their name as they registered.
- Monday 11/20 4-7pm
- Tuesday 11/21 4-7pm
- 2, 3 trains to Hoyt Street station
- B, Q trains to DeKalb station
- A, C, G trains to Hoyt Schermerhorn station
- A, C, F trains to Jay St-MetroTech station
- 2, 3, 4, 5 trains to Nevins Street station
Please check the MTA Trip Planner for up to date service.
Race Day Packet Pickup:
- Thursday (Thanksgiving) 11/23 7-8:30a
Race day pickup is available at Lakeside in the LeFrak Center. Please arrive early to ensure you have plenty of time to get to the starting line, approximately a half-mile away. We will also provide bag drop at Lakeside. You can get to Lakeside via:
- B, Q and S trains to Prospect Park station
- Q train to Parkside Avenue station
- 2, 3 trains to Grand Army Plaza station
- F, G trains to 7th Avenue Station, 15th Street/Prospect Park Station, or Fort Hamilton station
Please check the MTA Trip Planner for Holiday service changes and up to date service.
Curious about something we haven’t covered here? Email us.