The 2018 Al Goldstein Summer Speed Series
In partnership with NYCRUNS
You don’t have to be fast to enter, but these races will help you find out how fast you can be!
New this year – the course is now USATF certified! The race will start on the east end of Center Drive and finish near the entrance to the LeFrak Center where pre and post race activities occur. Head over to the registration page for more information (and a map).
Register here for the whole series for $35. That’s only $5 per race! You won’t find a better deal anywhere else. You will have to reuse the same bib for all 7 races, so hang onto it.Whole-series registration is now closed, but you can still sign up for individual races!
- Individual races are $7.50 online until the night before (links below).
- If bibs are still available, race-day registration will be $15 (cash only please).
Group Registration: Want to register a group of 10+? Contact the NYCRUNS team at email@example.com for more information.
Summer 2018 Dates: Races are on alternating Wednesday evenings at 7:10PM* in Prospect Park. The links below will take you the registration pages for individual races. If you want register for the whole series, see above.
- May 23 Results Larry Sillen’s Photos #1 #2
- June 6 Results Photos
- June 20 Results Larry Sillen’s Photos #1 #2 #3
- July 11 Results , Some photos, some more photos, Photos from @sofiography Larry Sillen’s photos #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6
- July 25
- August 8
- August 22
Races will take place rain or shine. Any decision to cancel due to dangerous weather conditions will be made at start time.
Race Day Logistics: Races will start and end at the Bluestone Cafe at Lakeside Center where you can find the following.
- Bib pickup starting at 6pm
- Bag check
- Lockers available (for a fee)
- Bathrooms (real ones!)
- Water after the race
- Age group awards ceremony after the race: 9 & under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Water stations along the course and a world-class post-race spread of food will be provided by NYCRUNS.
Walkers are welcome, but due to liability reasons we cannot allow strollers or pets.
*Call it tradition: in the olden days, cars could use West Drive until 7:00 p.m., and we would wait until all of the cars were out of the park to begin the race.
- May 24 Results Photos #1 #2
- June 7 Results
- June 21 Results Photos #1 #2
- July 5 Results Photos #1 #2 #3
- July 19 Results Photos #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
- August 2
- August 16 Results Photos #1 Photos #2