Inside the earbuds of ... Jessica Bari
Today we introduce a new regular feature: Inside the Earbuds.
PPTC strongly discourages the use of headphones outside, especially during races. They can cause a safety issue if you are unable to hear and react to external noises, whether they be warnings, race instructions, or other users trying to get around you.
That said, we know many runners like listening to music while using the treadmill or working out. What fun it would be, we thought, to have our members share their playlists! First up is the lovely Jessica Bari, who conceived this idea.
If you'd like to share your ideal workout playlist, send an email to email@example.com. Playlists should be 80 minutes or less (the capacity of a typical CD).
by Jessica Bari
I am certain that I don’t have to convince anyone that running in our beautiful park is the boss. I am also certain that I don’t have to convince most PPTC members that running outdoors is preferable to running indoors. What’s better than running outside on a beautiful day?
That said – despite being a Minnesota native – I am a not a runner who rallies to run outside during the rain, snow, or the hot hot heat. When I am fussy with the weather conditions and want to log a training run – I head to my health club and brave the “dreadmill”. A treadmill run isn’t particularly fun. We all know this. I’ve played with treadmill workouts like pyramid intervals, rolling hills, hikes, long runs, mountain climbs – and what I’ve definitely learned is that I need a great playlist to keep me going.
Here is what’s currently playing inside my earbuds:
1. The Arcade Fire – Neighborhoods #1 (Tunnels)
2. The Arcade Fire – Neighborhoods #3 (Power Out)
3. Of Monsters and Men – Little Talks
4. Django Django – Default
5. Future Heads – Hounds of Love (cover)
6. Prince – Let’s Go Crazy
7. Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
8. The Rapture – How Deep is Your Love
9. Elvis Costello – Pump it Up
10. Cake – The Distance
11. The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition
12. The Donnas – Too Bad About Your Girl
13. Built to Spill – Goin’ Against Your Mind
14. Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros – Home
15. Prince – Kiss
16. Cyndi Lauper – The Goonies R Good Enough
17. LCD Soundsystem – Dance Yrself Clean
Check out Jessica's playlist on Spotify!
Photo credit: Jess Yeomans