Run Brooklyn 2012
To encourage team racing, and support of Brooklyn races organized by local groups and organizations, we are continuing PPTC's "Run Brooklyn" awards for 2012. PPTC members racing 6 scored Brooklyn races will be entered in a raffle for a $100 cash prize at the end of the year. Rules for qualification:
- To be eligible, runners must become PPTC members before July 1, and must race only for PPTC in any races they enter.
- PPTC's database will be the official source for tracking races. Each runner will be responsible for entering their own races.
- Any Brooklyn based races that are officially scored will qualify.
- Only 1 NYRR race in Brooklyn will be counted even if you ran several.
- The 6 races MUST include at least ONE race organized by PPTC.
- Only 1 speed series race (ie. Al Goldstein Summer Speed Series, Fort Hamilton Speed Series, etc.) will be counted, no matter how many you ran.
Sample Brooklyn races (not an exhaustive list): Brooklyn Marathon, Music That Heals 5K, Liz Padilla 5K, Irish Fair 5K, Dan's Run 5K, Hoban 5 Miler, Coney Island 4 Miler, PPTC Turkey Trot, Coney Island Turkey Trot, NYRR Jingle Bell
There will be 5 winners selected at random at the awards gathering held in early 2013.